[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - page loading
Advertisement

page loading

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

page loading

Postby inverted » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:26 pm

i've been searching the net, but honestly, i just don't know the proper terms to use, so i'm having difficulty finding my answers...

i have a webpage that uses a lot of javascript and a lot of php includes and a lot of graphics, so the page takes a pretty long time to load. it's somewhat unavoidable, and really, i'm not trying to make it load faster, but instead i want to display a loading screen with an animated "loading" gif until the page has finished loading all elements. can anyone give some advice or code to help me out? i'm not sure if it's possible to load this page from another and then redirect after the second page has finished loading in the background or if maybe i can put a div on top of the page and then hide the div once the page is loaded. other than those two ideas i'm lost, and i honestly could use some help.

any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you

- S
inverted

Postby Batalf » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi "S"

Welcome to the forum :D

Maybe you can use the progress bar script()
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby inverted » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:51 pm

Thanks Batalf.

That looks very close to the script i was imagining in my head, but i'm wondering if you know of a similar script that doesn't count progress percentage, but instead shows a looping animated gif for a set amount of time or until page load is complete.

now i'll just have to investigate exactly how to implement it ;)

if anyone else sees this post and has other ideas or suggestions i would always appreciate the knowledge. thanks

great community, thanks for the welcome.
inverted

Return to General questions/discussions