[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - drag-drop-custom.js - saving to cookie
Advertisement

drag-drop-custom.js - saving to cookie

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

drag-drop-custom.js - saving to cookie

Postby jbavington » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi

What and amzing site and great scripts - very impressed. Thank you!

My question relates to your drag and drop custom script ( - demo 3)

I have created the following site for Travian users and want to know how to save the information (position of dragged items) to a cookie so users can save and retrieve.

Any help you can provide would be well received. This is a free community project that should benefit hundreds of people. I will of course be referencing your great site at the bottom of the page once finished!

Thank you,
James
jbavington

Postby jbavington » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:43 am

I wonder if I'm missing something here. I've spent ages looking through the forums in detail and all I can find is stuff related to ajax/databases and cookie saving relating to the folder tree etc.

It seems there are at least 3 or 4 people asking for the same thing but I have no idea if they found a solution (I have pm'd all of them).

I am still learning and really need help or pointing in the right direction for this. :(

Am I using an out-of-date file or am I missing something obvious somewhere else?

Thanks
jbavington

Anyone!?

Postby jbavington » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:26 pm

I am now wondering if the reason nobody is helping me one way or another is because there is nobody here.

There seems to be a dodgy advertising post made yesterday that hasn't been removed so I'm guessing the moderators don't make daily visits at least.

I am now relying on the community of developers that use these great scripts and I'm hoping someone will be able to help (or have already written something similar).

If anyone can help me save the "drag and drop custom" positions to a cookie or have a similar method that doesn't require a database (and is safe) then please let me know.

It is for the following community site: (for travian.co.uk folks)

Thanks and fingers crossed!
jbavington

Postby jbavington » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Bump
jbavington

Postby jbavington » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:10 pm

What a complete waste of time.

Will look for another script elsewhere.
jbavington

Postby Batalf » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:25 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby jbavington » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:47 am

jbavington

Postby jbavington » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:33 am

bump
jbavington

Postby floridacodeslave » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:04 pm

jbavington, Did you ever get an answer to your question. I would really like to know as well
floridacodeslave

Return to Drag and drop scripts