Advertisement

body onLoad crashing Dragable Content script

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

body onLoad crashing Dragable Content script

Postby aliceaod » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 am

I would like to use the Dragable Content found here:

http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html? ... le-content

The Dragable Content will not work if I have any body onLoad in my page.

I have 2 onLoads which work fine for what they're supposed to do. I read in another thread about creating a function for calling several onloads with one function, and tried that, but then my scripts don't work *and* the Dragable Content doesn't work either. If I have any body onLoad (ie: <body onLoad="init_scripts();">) it will crash the Dragable Content Script. The boxes and images appear, but they are static (can't be dragged).

The moment I take out the onLoad, the drag and save to cookie works fine. How do I get the Dragable Content script to work with a body onLoad?
aliceaod

Postby aliceaod » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:01 am

Not, not live yet, still working with this locally using WAMP...however, I *think* I have it figured out.

Rather than have <body onLoad "startres(); inittabs();">, I put this in my footer...

<script type="text/javascript">
startres();</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
inittabs();
</script>

Seems to be working so far...I haven't fully tested this on all the pages but I think that might be my solution. If I run into additional problems, I'll let you know, but thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Truly appreciate it.

Unless someone else has this working with a body onLoad, I don't think it works with one....
aliceaod

Postby aliceaod » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 am

Oh, yes, typo on my part when I posted, I did not copy and paste the code from my html document and thanks for the tip about the stuff in the footer.

One thing I noticed about the drag script is that it doesn't "play nice" with a dom rollover that I'm using on the images.

The image rollover affect works initially but once the images are moved, the rollover quits working.
aliceaod

Return to Drag and drop scripts