Advertisement

Show/Hide content with sliding effect not working in Firefox

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Show/Hide content with sliding effect not working in Firefox

Postby Letmein » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:30 am

Hello,

I was really hoping someone might be able to help me with this please??? Ive been staring at it for ages, so I think I am just missing something stupid... Basically I have a sliding layer effect, which is supposed to slide downwards to reveal more content, it works fine in Internet Explorer, however its stopped working in Firefox, it still slides down, however it cuts off most of the content thats hidden under it... I would be really grateful if anyone could take a look and help me with it please? I think I have missed something silly because I have been working on it for a while, it was working when I was using tables, however I switched to layers as they lined up better and it stopped working after that...

The script is from http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html? ... tent_slide

and an example of a page im using it on is
http://www.findmethatphone.co.uk/SONY_E ... /W595.html

Its supposed to work on the "Show all 25 Sony Ericsson W595 - Gold Pay Monthly Offers from ThePhoneSpot" it works ok on the smaller one "Show all 2 Sony Ericsson W595- Gold Pay Monthly Offers from CPW"

I really hope someone could take a look for me please??? I dont know if it might have too many layers within the hidden layer part and it doesnt know the offsetheight to increase it to??? but it does work on IE

Thank you :)
Letmein

Postby Letmein » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 pm

I fixed it, :)

It wouldnt work whilst there where divs containing float:left; within the answer div, if I removed those it worked however the layers wouldnt line up properly, so inserted the divs into a table and left the float: left; in and it worked :)

Thank you
Letmein

Return to Javascript