[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - modal message script - js only works once
Advertisement

modal message script - js only works once

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

modal message script - js only works once

Postby splazz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:01 pm

hi forum

ive downloaded the modal-message script: http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html? ... al-message - i like it a lot, but i have a problem:

when i use the script to load a php-file, which contains html-form and a javascript at the bottom - the script only runs the first time i open the modal-message.

its actually the same problem in the demo: http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/mod ... ssage.html - Message from url (example 1)

the first time you show the message, it places the cursor in the name field, but if you open the message again, it doesnt - is there a solution for this?

thanks
splazz

Re: modal message script - js only works once

Postby fibrorfeisp (Restore) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 am

I have found this exact same bug. Is there any solution or workaround?

I have created a modal window that uses Javascript heavily to display some content.
fibrorfeisp (Restore)

Re: modal message script - js only works once

Postby fibrorfeisp (Restore) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Workaround for some cases - leave all the Javascript in the calling file. Use id's in the target file and use something like document.getElementById("myForm").innerHTML in the calling file to modify the html. Kinda restrictive but it allowed me to do what I wanted.
ALSO: in modal-message.js CHANGE the call to __insertContent within the display() function to only get called the FIRST time, otherwise certain things fail (can't remember what now).

I added this line
if(modalPopupIncrement==1){
this.__insertContent(); // Calling method which inserts content into the message div.
}
fibrorfeisp (Restore)

Return to Questions regarding other scripts at www.dhtmlgoodies.com